Parent Comments Autumn Term 2017
- Being a new parent to the school I wasn't sure what to expect. Not only has my child settled in better than I could have imagined, there have been plenty of opportunities to receive updates on his progress. I found the Phonics session extremely helpful, especially when the children came to share what they had done.
- Open afternoon was fantastic! So much feedback all very constructive and helpful.
- The Sponsored Walks were clearly another highlight!
- Loved the Creative Writing and also drawings.
- My child loved the walk and is thoroughly enjoying Y1.
- My children have found all the curriculum lessons very engaging and always come home full of enthusiasm to discuss their days - this is excellent for us as parents.
- A good range of outdoor activities to compliment the excellent level of academic achievements.
- My child has loved his start in Y5. Swanage was " the best trip ever!"
- I loved seeing my children's work, I can't believe how much they done. Excellent progress all round. My children especially enjoyed the Sponsored Walks.
- My children enjoyed being a part of the Sponsored Walks & raising money for others.
- Great for children to choose their charities again this year.
- Football club is always a favourite! Thank you for all the activities you put on.
Parent Comments Summer Term 2017
Parent Comments Spring Term 2017
- We cannot thank you enough for such a happy year at Ashurst.
- My child really enjoyed the visit to Brighton Museum. We always find the Parents' Consultations very helpful, and the Open Afternoons. Loved their Creative Writing.
- My child has once again loved his term at Ashurst. He has made use of opportunities both in and out of the classroom & benefitted a great deal. The Open Afternoon allows us parents to see how he is progressing & the enjoyment he has in his work.
- The after=school clubs have given my child another physical experience & he is enjoying them fully.
- ...we are delighted with the stimulation and support our child is experiencing at school.
- Another enjoyable and interesting Open Afternoon. The children have enjoyed all the activities throughout the year.
- Thank you for all your support in Year 2. My child has loved every minute & always loves coming to school. She counts the days of the holiday instead!
- Thank you for our time at Ashurst Primary. We will remember with fondness the 13 Christmas Productions, Chess Tournaments, tea-parties, sports days & the trips to Swanage!
There has always been plenty to do. Preston Manor & The Southdowns planetarium were a keen favourite.
- Thank you hugely to all Ashurst staff and teachers for another enriching year and amazing education.
- As ever a very full term filled with wonderful varied activities. So much going on and so vibrant for all the children. A wonderful end to our fantastic years at this amazing school.
- Thank you as always for giving my children such individual attention to personally help them through their worries and problems.
All three of my children have finished their respective years feeling safer, stronger and they are more confident academically and mentally.
- The Y6 Leavers' Assembly was absolutely fabulous.....such a wonderful memory.
- My child has so enjoyed Art this term, he has also loved as always multi-skills and football.
- My child really enjoyed Y4 especially the visit to Brighton Museum and after school clubs. He has had a very happy year and is looking forward to moving into Y5. IT and maths have been his favourite subjects.
- My child is thoroughly enjoying Y5 with all the activities that were provided. She especially enjoyed the 'Bake Off' and Swanage and is very much looking forward to going there again next year.
- What a fantastic term! 'Year of the Bible' produced some amazing results!
- Parents were invited to view the Reception area of the school on a special Open Afternoon and commented.......to see the very special and thought provoking work for 'The Year of the Bible' the Bible Art Week - Lots of Love & Hope shared there by all staff and pupils
- Parent Teacher Consultations are well presented & informative and another crucial link between home and school. Thank you.
- The Music Festival is a highlight of the year fantastic!
- The 'Year of the Bible' exhibition was very impressive...
- ...'The Year of the Bible' (work) was inspirational.
- We loved the Sharing Assemblies. The development of the children is wonderful to see and all ages were supporting each other and growing from their individual strengths in different areas. To see their engagement and love of learning is very special and we thank all the great teaching/teachers. Additional swimming, chess & football prove popular as ever. Thank you.
- Parent ..had a good time and enjoyed the SATs evening and found it very useful.
- My child really enjoyed The Planetarium visit especially the Star Dome. Swimming at The Towers is always anticipated with enthusiasm.
- We loved the Sharing Assemblies - the interaction between the children and their teachers was lovely.
- Sharing Assembly was AMAZING!! Thank you so much for that.
- The visit to the Planetarium gave the boys lots of ideas for their homework projects.
- Loved seeing the FS/KS1 Sharing Assembly - it was so informative.
- Super Open Afternoon, great to see all the progress being made. Thank you.
- My children both really enjoy being at school, long may it last!
- My child really loves Chess Club and playing at home.
- My child really enjoys her days at school.
- I enjoyed The Sharing Assembly! Thought the children were simply amazing! My child loves being involved in football now - it has done his confidence wonders! Thank you.
- The Sharing Assembly was a wonderful hour. All the pupils spoke confidently and were so encouraging about each other's work. I particularly liked the bicycle pictures and stories.
- It was a pleasure to watch the football match vs Amberley.
- My child is really enjoying this terms Space topic.
My child has love the Art topic and insisted today that I take a picture of him with 'his Renoir' to show his father . My son felt very proud to play football for the school team.
- The Sharing Assembly was so special! - The choice of Bob Marley was inspired - Thank you Ashurst for all you do.
- My child enjoyed the Space topic and is very motivated with his homework project.
- My child has been telling us all sorts of amazing facts about the planets, stars etc!
- Parent Comments Autumn Term 2016
- All the activities and events are well done to enrich the learning experience.
- Thank you for everything!
- My child felt very passionate this year about Remembrance Day and talked a lot about it.
- My Child has been pleased to fully be able to attend Chess Club!
- The Christmas Tree Competition was a lot of fun..
- Thank you all for giving My Child a fantastic learning experience he couldn't be happier. He is gaining in confidence before our eyes.
- Really enjoyed today Open Afternoon. I appreciate being able to see my child's work.
- My child has been thrilled (as have his parents) to develop his literacy to be able to start independent reading & writing. He is loving his learning environment and we couldn't be happier with the support and encouragement he is getting.
- It is great that the breadth of work my child and his class do stretches them. Good to see them working together well.
- Lovely seeing her play the flute with her friends.
- Really impressed with her work and her Headteachers award. It has been an excellent term, finished off with a fantastic Christmas Production.
- The Christmas Production was a highlight for my child - she loves singing!!
- My child is always willing to do more work at home relating to her school topic.
- My child is enjoying school and it shows in his work.
- Thank you again for your support for both children. Their thirst for knowledge grows with each term
- The Christingle Service was lovely.
- My child has had a great term - he is very proud of his work from this term!
- The Christingle Service was magical - a real highlight.
- My child has loved learning Chess and I am hoping she will teach us how to play!
- Fundraising events are always good fun for the children as well as the adults and achieves great results to help all.
- What a joy it is for my child to be at this school where so much is achieved and all the best hard work given. The result in the children is amazing.
- The Christingle Service was amazing. Such a lovely thing to be a part of. I love coming to the Open Afternoon. It's wonderful how well my child is doing.
- Thank you for fantastic term - 'Red Riding Hood' was our favourite and visiting the 'Dodo' exhibition.
- Football Clubs are most welcome. Tennis would be good as an after-school club.
Parent Comments Summer Term 2016
- Wonderful Harvest Festival with all the different poems and memories of the different Sponsored Walks. Parent of Y3 & a YR pupils.
- The children loved their Sponsored Walks. Parent of a Y6 & Y2 pupil.
- Very encouraged by the quality of written work. Parent of a Y3 pupil.
- We are thrilled with the enthusiasm that ...our child....has embraced his learning with. Parent of a YR pupil.
- Chess Club is proving to be a very popular activity too. Parent of a Y3 pupil.
- I was very impressed with ....my child's.. work, particularly the presentation. Parent of a Y5 pupil.
- My children....really enjoyed the walks. Thank you for your continued support and help. Parent of a Y5 & Y2 pupil.
- A great first half term. My child ....is settling in well and loved the Sponsored Walk. The observation morning was fascinating. Parent of a YR pupil.
- Open Afternoon is always a highlight. Parent of a Y5 & YR pupil.
- Sukkha ...my child...explained that they were built with plants and leaves so they can see the stars. It's part of a festival like harvest. Parent of a Y3 pupil.
- We always love the Y3/Y4 Sponsored Walk and the Barn Dance. My pupil....is excited about the Stone Age! Parent of a Y5 pupil.
- My child....was very nervous and didn't want to play football, however after persuading her, and the great coaching of the guys teaching Y1 and Y2 ...my child... loves doing it now. My child... can't wait to join the Chess Club too. Open Afternoon is always great and informative to see the interesting things and activities the children do and learn. Parent of a Y1 pupil.
- I am very impressed at her writing and reading as well. Parent of a Y1 pupil.
- My children "have had a fabulous year. Thank you so much for nurturing and teaching them both.
They both feel loved and supported by you all.
A big thank you to all." Parent of a Y3 & a Y1 pupil.
- "It is clear that the school creates many opportunities for him to realise and outstrip his potential! The visits that he has been on help reinforce an excellently set out curriculum."
Ashurst has a superbly broad and balanced approach to education, all that is underpinned by a simply outstanding staff." Parent of a Y2 pupil.
- "Very impressed with both children's work and achievements. Thank you Ashurst School." Parent of a Y6 & Y4 pupil.
- "Thank you very much for the wonderful academic year for my children. It's been a good year for them and as family, we are enjoying the journey. Thank you. God bless." Parent of a Y2 & Y3 pupil.
- "Thank you for another successful term. Both children have grown in confidence." Parent of a YR & Y4 pupil.
- My child "has especially enjoyed this term, and enjoyed the work. He is really pleased with the improvement that he can see in his work. We really appreciated the time given at Parents Evening to talk through our concerns and the Open Afternoons," Parent of a Y2 pupil.
- "Thank you once again Ashurst Primary for a wonderful term." Parent of a Y4 pupil.
- "Parent Consultations great for update on my child's progress and constructive comments for improvement, very informative.
Open Afternoon was good to see my child's work, especially where improvement can be made before Y1 September." Parent of a YR pupil.
- "The Parents' Consultation was lovely. We love hearing how our child is progressing and love the relationship she has with everyone." Parents of a YR pupil.
- "Excellent as always. Thank you." Parent of Y6 & Y4 pupil.
- My child "has done so well! Thank you for all your support and help you have given him over the last year. Parent of a Y3 pupil.
- My child " is enjoying school and enjoyed taking part in the Leavers' Rounders. The Sports Day was charming as ever." Parent of a Y4 pupil.
- "Both my children very much enjoyed the Y6 Leavers' Rounders match as I did! .......has loved her topic on Bramber and the visit there. .......loved Swanage - lovely memories for him to take away with him. Parent of a Y6 & a Y4 pupil.
- We cannot thank you enough for such a happy year at Ashurst.